Work with Us!
Our focus is on community and providing that community with healthy food that is natural, organic, and locally-sourced. Our team is built of gardeners, recyclers, volunteers, cooks, artists, artisans and healers who are all environmentally conscious people in constant search for the freshest local food and products we can find. We know our stuff, love our city, and nurture our people
The employees of Dawson's Market are a proud, knowledgeable, and diverse group of down-to-earth, talented, quirky and inspired individuals who are dedicated to a clear mission. Because of this and because we are a locally-owned and independent market, we don’t take the hiring process lightly. We only hire people who are as passionate and dedicated as the rest of our team.
Our full-time employees enjoy a benefits package that includes eligibility for comprehensive health and dental insurance (with an individual option at no premium cost), short-term disability and life insurance provided at no cost to them. All of our employees are offered store discounts as well as discounts from local businesses and other organizations we partner with, plus more.
If you believe you’d be a great addition to our team, be sure to browse the open positions listed below and follow the instructions on how to apply. Once you send us your application, there’s no need to follow up with a call - we’ll definitely let you know if you’re what we’re looking for.
And remember - *All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply.
Current Job Openings:
Nourish Steward (PT)
Purpose: To deliver great customer service by describing and promoting vitamins and supplements, medicinals and personal care products that suit their needs.
- Provide product information to customers.
- Assist customers with product questions, in prompt, friendly, courteous manner, referring them to other stewards when necessary.
- Offer suggestions for purchases and ways to use products, staying within legal guidelines.
- Help customers place special orders. Call customers when special orders have been delivered.
- Stay abreast of industry developments.
- Stock and face shelves and displays fully without overcrowding.
- Rotate older stock to front, making space for new stock.
- Dust product, shelves and displays while stocking.
- Label items accurately with price tags or signs as needed.
- See that unsellable items are properly disposed of. Keep accurate shrinkage records.
- Maintain department shelves, displays, aisles and storage areas in clean, orderly condition, meeting health department standards. Sweep and mop floors as needed, take out trash.
- Participate in inventory counts.
- Maintain department equipment in working order. Advise Management of repair or replacement needs.
- Familiarity with and interest in vitamins and supplements, personal care products, medicinals.
- Demonstrated interest in nutrition and natural health care.
- Experience serving the public.
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
Meat & Seafood Steward (PT)
Dawson’s Market is seeking a full-time seafood/meat steward. The candidate should be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide our Customers with exemplary service, able to discuss choices with customers and give recommendations
- Have a clear understanding of, and belief in, sustainable practices as they apply to the meat/seafood department
- Experience with food handling in a professional setting/with meat and seafood preferred
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Price and display product in cases as directed by the department manager.
- Assist in wrapping and labeling product as required.
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Help maintain proper product assortment and merchandising
- Maintain safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment
If you are interested in this position please email your resume and cover letter or download and complete an application from our website.
Dawson's Market offers a great benefits package including group health and dental coverage, STD and Life Insurance 100% paid by company, accrued paid time off, employee discounts, 401K after one year, and more!
How to Apply:
- Download our Dawson’s Job Application (PDF)
- Email it to Jobs@DawsonsMarket.com
And again - no phone calls - if you submit an application, you can bet we’re on top of it!
Thank you for your interest!