Work with Us!
Our focus is on community and providing that community with healthy food that is natural, organic, and locally-sourced. Our team is built of gardeners, recyclers, volunteers, cooks, artists, artisans and healers who are all environmentally conscious people in constant search for the freshest local food and products we can find. We know our stuff, love our city, and nurture our people
The employees of Dawson's Market are a proud, knowledgeable, and diverse group of down-to-earth, talented, quirky and inspired individuals who are dedicated to a clear mission. Because of this and because we are a locally-owned and independent market, we don’t take the hiring process lightly. We only hire people who are as passionate and dedicated as the rest of our team.
Our full-time employees enjoy a benefits package that includes eligibility for comprehensive health and dental insurance (with an individual option at no premium cost), short-term disability and life insurance provided at no cost to them. All of our employees are offered store discounts as well as discounts from local businesses and other organizations we partner with, plus more.
If you believe you’d be a great addition to our team, be sure to browse the open positions listed below and follow the instructions on how to apply. Once you send us your application, there’s no need to follow up with a call - we’ll definitely let you know if you’re what we’re looking for.
And remember - *All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply.
Current Job Openings:
Meat & Seafood Steward (PT)
Dawson’s Market is seeking a full-time seafood/meat steward. The candidate should be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide our Customers with exemplary service, able to discuss choices with customers and give recommendations
- Have a clear understanding of, and belief in, sustainable practices as they apply to the meat/seafood department
- Experience with food handling in a professional setting/with meat and seafood preferred
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Price and display product in cases as directed by the department manager.
- Assist in wrapping and labeling product as required.
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Help maintain proper product assortment and merchandising
- Maintain safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment
Produce Steward (PT)
Key Skills: Customer Service, Merchandising, Organization, Product Knowledge, Quality Control, Product Receiving, Communication/Teamwork
- Engage with all customers
- Answer any and all questions, if you don’t know the answer refer to another source
- Be courteous and helpful to all Customers
- Make sure Department looks presentable
- Product needs to be rotated and stocked neatly
- Go through product, cull inferior product
- Compost Product that is pulled from floor
- Make sure signage is correct for all items
- Front and Face product, pull out of date product
- Ensure all product is rotated in back stock area
- Make sure all product is labeled and dated
- Make sure cases of product are placed and rotated appropriately
- Make sure basic cleaning procedures are followed depending on shift duties
- Maintain backstock area
- Perform cleaning duties relating to maintaining backstock area
- Note any ideas that may improve efficiency of organization
- Know or be willing to learn about produce, garden plants, and items
- Have or be willing to learn basic knife and prep work skills
- Be able to follow basic recipes
- Be able to give product advice
- Ensure all product is up to Ellwood’s Standards
- Remove, shrink, and compost product that does not meet standards
- Make sure plants are watered, remove dead ones, and compost
- Sign for Product
- Organize, label, and move product to appropriate storage area
- Note any defective, ruined, or rotten product
- Stack and move around product according to “First in First Out”
Communication / Teamwork:
- Communicate effectively with other Stewards and Management
- Refer to white board To-Do lists
- View the department as a team, working together to ensure excellent service for our customers, and a beautiful, high-quality department
- Keep open lines of communication with coworkers and management, looking for quick resolutions and always maintaining a positive work environment.
- Help other Stewards with tasks that require it
- Assist others in our department with watering, cleaning, stocking, merchandising, etc.
- Try to have a good attitude and appreciate your coworkers
If you are interested in this position please email your resume and cover letter or download and complete an application from our website.
Dawson's Market offers a great benefits package including group health and dental coverage, STD and Life Insurance 100% paid by company, accrued paid time off, employee discounts, 401K after one year, and more!
How to Apply:
- Download our Dawson’s Job Application (PDF)
- Email it to Jobs@DawsonsMarket.com
And again - no phone calls - if you submit an application, you can bet we’re on top of it!
Thank you for your interest!