Work with Us!
Our focus is on community and providing that community with healthy food that is natural, organic, and locally-sourced. Our team is built of gardeners, recyclers, volunteers, cooks, artists, artisans and healers who are all environmentally conscious people in constant search for the freshest local food and products we can find. We know our stuff, love our city, and nurture our people
The employees of Dawson's Market are a proud, knowledgeable, and diverse group of down-to-earth, talented, quirky and inspired individuals who are dedicated to a clear mission. Because of this and because we are a locally-owned and independent market, we don’t take the hiring process lightly. We only hire people who are as passionate and dedicated as the rest of our team.
Our full-time employees enjoy a benefits package that includes eligibility for comprehensive health and dental insurance (with an individual option at no premium cost), short-term disability and life insurance provided at no cost to them. All of our employees are offered store discounts as well as discounts from local businesses and other organizations we partner with, plus more.
If you believe you’d be a great addition to our team, be sure to browse the open positions listed below and follow the instructions on how to apply. Once you send us your application, there’s no need to follow up with a call - we’ll definitely let you know if you’re what we’re looking for.
And remember - *All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply.
Current Job Openings:
Bakery Counter Steward (FT)
Purpose: Under general supervision, performs a variety of duties including stocking, packaging, organizing, cleaning and answering customer questions regarding baked goods, orders etc.
- Describe to customers reads, rolls, muffins, cookies, pies, cakes, biscuits and other pastries, including icings and frostings, according to established signage and answer questions regarding ingredients.
- Provide excellent customer service, helping customers with choosing and recommend items for taste and specialty diets.
- Package and stock a variety of baked goods.
- Ensure displayed baked goods are fresh, remove any that have become stale.
- Make certain display areas are full and look appetizing at all times.
- Cleans and maintains work areas, utensilsandequipment.
- Understands ingredient list as it pertains to specialty diets.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in a food environment
- Professional food handling experience and/or certification preferred
- Working knowledge of the natural food industry a plus
Deli Counter Steward (FT)
- Keep deli case stocked and clean. Making sure to replenish and rotate dishes.
- Pull short-date or low-quality items and notify purchaser before disposing of them properly
- Label items accurately with price tags or signs.
- Package food for grab and go case.
- Greet and serve customers in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner.
- Offer tastes, samples, and suggestions for accompaniments.
- Report customer suggestions, comments, and complaints to the Kitchen Manager.
- Keep cases, countertops, shelves, and coolers in clean, orderly condition.
- Remove trash promptly, sweep and mop the floor.
- Keep department equipment in the assigned area, in working order.
- Advise Manager of equipment problems.
Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
- Ability to handle multiple demands.
- Experience serving the public.
- Familiarity with natural foods
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
Meat Wrapper (FT)
- Greet customers and respond to their questions and requests in a courteous and helpful way
- Maintain an attractive well signed high-quality department.
- Must know how to properly handle and rotate the product to prevent spoilage, contamination, and to comply with sanitation requirements.
- Wrap meat, poultry, and seafood. Prepare value-added items with correct signage in an attractive manner.
- Maintain a clean work environment both on sales floor and prep areas and storage.
- Ability to lift boxes of product weighing as much as 50 lbs. from as low as floor level to as high as shoulder level
- Knowledge of Natural and Organic meats preferred
- Seafood Knowledge including cutting, varieties, and preparation
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Flexible availability including nights and weekend
Nourish Steward (FT)
Purpose: To deliver great customer service by describing and promoting vitamins andsupplements,medicinals and personal care product that suit the customer’s needs.
- Provide product information to customers.
- Assist customers with product questions, in prompt, friendly, courteous manner, referring them to other stewards when necessary.
- Offer suggestions for purchases and ways to use products, staying within legal guidelines.
- Help customers place special orders. Call customers when special orders have been delivered.
- Stay abreast of industry developments
- Stock and face shelves and displays fully without overcrowding.
- Rotate older stock to front, making space for new stock.
- Dust product, shelves, and displays while stocking.
- Label items accurately with price tags or signs as needed.
- See that unsellable itemsare properly disposed of. Keep accurate shrinkage records.
- Maintain department shelves, displays, aisles andstoreareas in clean, orderly condition, meeting health department standards. Sweep and mop floors as needed, take out the trash.
- Participate in inventory counts.
- Maintain department equipment in working order. Advise Management of repair or replacement needs.
- Familiarity with andinterest in vitamins and supplements, personal care products and medicinals.
- Demonstrate interest in nutrition and natural health care.
- Experience serving the public.
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
- Ability to stand and walk continually during an 8-hour shift.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Job Summary: To prepare and maintain the high standards of the coffee, tea, juice and smoothie bar.
- Connects with customers
- Sets the example for the department by delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Prepares all drinks and juices to meet stores product stands
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Follows store policy and procedures for operational flow at each production station
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing products
- Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the duty rosters and cleaning standards
- Ensures all prep work is done and stocked
- Promotes special events and exciting sale items
- Becomes familiar with store policies and products in order to answer customer questions
- Follows security procedures with customers regarding cash-handling etc.
- Maintains checking area in clean, orderly condition
- During down times, actively seeks out work that needs to be done
- Keeps registers and front work area in a clean, orderly condition
- Removes trash promptly, sweep and mop floor
Purpose: To provide friendly, courteous customer service by checking out customer purchases promptly and accurately
- Come to work on time, dressed appropriately, and ready to work.
- Greet customers, offer friendly helpful service.
- Check out customer purchases quickly and accurately, using correct prices, departments and PLU codes.
- Call for back-up as needed so that customers wait as little as possible to be checked out.
- Bag groceries and ask customers if they need further help.
- Promote special events and exciting sale items.
- Become familiar with store policies and products in order to answer customer questions. Refer unresolved questions to Manager on Duty.
- Follow security procedures with customers, cash-handling, potential shoplifters or robbers.
- Maintain checking area in clean, orderly condition.
- Maintain shopper and register supplies at check stands.
- During down times, actively seek out work that needs to be done.
- Answer and route phone calls, take messages as needed.
- Issue credits to customers for returned items.
- Help customers with placing special orders.
FRONT END MAINTENANCE
- Keep registers, register belts, and front work area in a clean, orderly condition.
- Remove trash promptly, sweep and mop floor.
- Take milk bottles to back.
- Monitor the café area, whipping down tables and sweeping the floor as necessary.
- Beyond the above-listed duties, it is the employee’s responsibility to respond to any task that is deemed necessary for the smooth operation of the department.
- Must possess outstanding communication and people skills.
- Must be able to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience serving the public.
- Familiarity with natural foods.
- Accuracy & attention to detail.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume and cover letter or download and complete an application from our website.
Dawson's Market offers a great benefits package including group health and dental coverage, STD and Life Insurance 100% paid by the company, accrued paid time off, employee discounts, 401K after one year, and more!
How to Apply:
- Download our Dawson’s Job Application (PDF)
- Email it to Info@DawsonsMarket.com
And again - no phone calls - if you submit an application, you can bet we’re on top of it!
Thank you for your interest!